Friday, August 31, 2012

Farewell Salt Lake City

It's funny. I've been counting down for just about a year now, to the estimated departure date. Now it's here. It seems almost ironic in a way, that I'm leaving. It doesn't seem real. My home is Utah. I can't be leaving, can I? And yet, my flight is at 8:37 tomorrow morning. New York here I come  :)

So many mixed emotions right now. One minute I am a wreck, and then next I am jumping up and down with excitement. It's so hard to explain. Exchangers, you know what I'm talking about!

So I wanted to say bye, because I don't think I am going to be thinking about posting for the next few days.

Goodbye Over The Counter; the most delicious breakfast place in the world. Is it sad that almost everyone that works there knows my order by heart?
Goodbye my puppy, and two kittys, and my wonderfully comfortable bed.
Goodbye to all of my lovely friends; you're all the best!
There's so much more to say bye to, and things that I have said bye to. I honestly mean every "I am going to miss you so freaking much!!!!!!!!!!" That I have said.

But, hello New York. Hello Ilbono. Can't wait to get to know you.

So farewell Utah. I'll see you soon.

Bags all FINALLY packed

Rosetta Stone completed. (believe me, not easy)


Madi, my puppy Big Mac and I, on one of our last days together:) 


Arrivederci-
Rachael


2 comments:

  1. Hey Rachael! I just started reading all your blog posts and they're making me really happy. I understand those mixed emotions right now too...We're both going to Sardegna! Isn't it going to be fun to live on an island?! See you in New York! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sabrina! I'm glad that they are making you happy! Oh gosh, so many mixed emotions right now, even though I am currently in New York! Where in Sardinia are you going? Is it close to Ilbono? The island is going to be soo much fun. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete