Thursday, March 1, 2012

Almost, Kind Of, But Not Quite.

Hello!

So yesterday I got a new email that said:


Dear Rachael,
I am writing to you with the results of the Viaggio Italiano scholarship for which you applied. Unfortunately, we are not able to offer you this scholarship opportunity. With dozens of outstanding students competing for just a few scholarships, the members of the selection committee were faced with difficult decisions.
Although you were not selected to win this scholarship, your application is very impressive and we would like to offer you a $500 award to help cover a portion of your tuition.

So, it was kind of bittersweet. I didn't get the full scholarship, but I got 500$. Which is definitely helpful, and I will take all that I can get, but it is kind of a let down too. As far as I know, no one else got the 500$, and I find it kind of strange, but that is okay:) It is 500! 

I have no news on the being-accepted-to-AFS-Italy front yet, but people are being accepted left and right, so I think that it will happen soon! Hopefully.

Thank you! 
Arrivederci 
-Rachael 

No comments:

Post a Comment