Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Just to Keep You UP to DATE.

Hello there:)

January has definitely brought new things. Great things:)
This month I went to visit my grandmas in California. One of my grandmas hosted a student a while back (I don't remember the year), and so she has been all for this. She read and approved of my essay that I am writing for the Viaggio Italiano Scholarship. Or already wrote... since I turned it in yesterday! My other grandma (who I am so grateful for, words can't describe) gave me a generous donation of 500 DOLLARS. I was so surprised and overjoyed. She is amazing. I love her to pieces.

I am so happy that my family loves and supports me with my dream the way that they do. It is amazing. Thank you so much Mom, Dad, Robbie, and everyone else:) You are all the best.

Another thing happened! AFS got back to me!! Sometime last week, I am pretty sure that it was the 24th, I got an email from AFS saying that they had reviewed my application, and I had a few things to fix on it. Even though I had to fix a few things it still meant that they were looking at it, and I was so relieved, I can't even tell you. So, I fixed those items, and re-submitted it the next day. Well, last night I received another email saying that I had to fix more things, and that there was a misunderstanding. Lovely. Well after about an hour on the phone with an AFS representative everything was all solved, and I re-re-submitted it again!

I know that AFS just wants all the possible information that they can get to clarify things, but I sure do hope that it was the last time I needed to revise anything on the application!

Hopefully everything will go smoothly from here on out! Fingers crossed.

Arrivederci 
-Rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment