Sunday, November 4, 2012

Long Time, No Blog

Hi!
Oh gosh... I haven't posted for a while. I never thought I'd be one of THOSE people, I have never been someone to start something and not finish it. But here I go. I PROMISE that I will update once every two weeks from here on out. It's just been like "Oh I'll do it tomorrow" then, it gets to be 9:00 the next day, and I do the same thing. Well, it's 11:13pm, but I'll start now.

So since camp...

School:
school has gotten no easier, and I still don't understand anything that goes on during those 5 horrid hours of school. Like don't get me wrong, if I understood what went on in class it probably wouldn't be so bad, just like American school, but I don't. So, school pretty much consists of me trying to focus on what the teacher is saying, me dazing off, then 40 minutes later realizing that I missed half of the lesson that I probably wouldn't have understood anyways, but I am still frustrated with myself anyhow.
My goal by the end of the year is to be Just Another Student, not "OH MY GOD THAT'S THE AMERICAN!"

Language:
No one knows how truly hard it is to not understand anything of what anyone is saying to you, until it happens. I feel like a child. No, not a child, a toddler.
Don't get me wrong, my Italian is improving at an incredible pace, I already know more Italian than I did french after taking two years! And I can have a pretty decent conversation with only a couple "cose??" ("what??")'s here and there, but it's still so hard. Sometimes I want to skip ahead to January where I might actually be able to understand school, and talk with people normally.

Life here has gotten to be pretty routine, so it's difficult to remember things to write about. It's just life now.

But I did go to Rome, and it was beautiful. I was there from Wednesday until last night late, and I love love love Rome. I got to see Rome as an Italian, rather than a tourist this time, because my host sister lives there and showed us around like a local. We went to monuments, cute little restaurants, and did tons of shopping! (Spent a little over what I should have probably though)..

I'll do a post about Rome TOMORROW. I promise that. (Pictures too)

But here are some pictures of camp:
"Stargazers"

We got to go to the ocean:) Be jealous

Ocean ocean ocean<3

All my lovely Sardinian AFSers

In the ocean again!

The AFSers from my chapter (Ogliastra! Heck yes!)


Ahhh I'm tired, and honestly can't remember the rest of what I was going to post about. So I'll write tomorrow. I pinky promise. 

Arrivederci,
Rachael

2 comments:

  1. Heii I'm an italian AFSer in Norway. It's interesting to read about your experience in my land. Anyway do not worry. I'm in your same situation with norwegian which is difficult.
    Keep writing, i'm curious!
    :)

    ReplyDelete